Happy New Year!!! (Well, ALMOST…) I know you are dying to know what party, shindig, event, or fabulous place we jetted off to this fine evening…well it is a pretty awesome place- HOME. That’s right, the hubs and I are staying in and enjoying the evening in each other’s company – and that of our awesome Cowboy Corgi. Now, just because we didn’t go out, I brought the party IN and provided some fun finger foods which had some easy gourmet and deliciousness. (And the BEST part? EASY PREP AND ASSEMBLY!)
On the menu tonight:
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Avocado Feta Dip with Pita Chips
- Lobster Ravioli with Tomato Basil Marinara Dipping Sauce
Day Before – Prep your wings and if you choose cut up your avocado. Saves you a step.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
In a large plastic freezer bag combine chicken wings, vegetable oil, coriander, salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425 and place chicken wings on a cooling rack in a baking pan. Bake wings for 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add sriracha, honey and juices and mix well to combine. Remove wings from oven. In a large bowl combine wings and sauce, garnish with cilantro and SERVE with your ranch/blue cheese and celery sticks. YUM!
Adapted from: Go Bold with Butter
While baking the wings, process and assemble your yummy avocado heavenly dip.
- 2 avocados, peeled and pit removed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pita chips, veggies, bread, crackers, etc. for serving
1. Place the avocados, feta, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor or in a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Scrape dip into a bowl and serve with pita chips, cut up veggies, bread, or crackers.
Adapted from: Two Peas and Their Pod
and now for amazingly ease and happiness for the Lobster Ravioli and Tomato Basil Marinara Dipping Sauce…
- Go to Trader Joe’s.
- Purchase 1 package of their Lobster Ravioli
- Pick 1 jar of the TJ’s Tomato Basil Marinara
- PREPARE & SERVE
- Yes, sometimes you just need to get some help in the kitchen…
ENJOY and bring on 2014! We’re settling in now to watch Phish LIVE from Madison Square Garden…we might just have better food though.